We all love a trip to the movies, but for many and outing to see a movie with the family can take a big chunk out of the family budget. So here are 15 ways to save money on your next trip to the cinema in Perth!
1. If you have a Kidzabuzz Family Voucher App, there are vouchers to save you money on kids movie tickets, family passes and candy bar purchases as well as lots of other vouchers to save you money on Perth's & WA's family attractions, cafes, accommodation, shopping etc.
2. Are you an Optus customer? Optus customers can get movie vouchers from $9 for kids for Hoyts Cinemas with Optus Perks. You need to go to Optus Perks and select book now and you'll be directed to the Hoyts website to book your movie session.
3. See a movie at the Galaxy Drive-Ins Kingsley. On the weekends they screen two movies and one movie during the week. Adults enter for $10 and kids for $5 ($9 adults & $4 kids during the week). Kids under 4 enter free. You can bring your own food and drink or get something from the reasonably priced candy bar. Also, Tuesday nights are only $20 per car!
4. Find out about memberships at your local cinema. Some offer discounted movies if you purchase a membership, or free movies after a certain number of paid movies. Hoyts Rewards has two membership options. The free Hoyts Bronze Membership give you access to a discounted movie each week, pre-sale access on select block busters and candy bar promotions. The Hoyts Silver Membership is $13p.a gives you Hoyts dollars when you spend, a free movie ticket on activation, discounted movie each week and more. Cinebuzz Rewards with Event Cinemas rewards you with "See 6 Movies Get One Free". You also get exclusive perks including discounted movie tickets for selected advanced screenings and other special events.
5. Do you have health insurance with Bupa? You can save up to 25% on your purchase your tickets online at Event Cinemas & Hoyts Cinemas, with Bupa Member Discounts
7. RAC Members get discounted movie tickets at several cinemas around Perth, including Hoyts, Event & Movie Masters Cinemas. E-tickets and mail out available.
8. Drop into you local newsagent and ask if they sell discounted movie tickets for your local cinema
9. Head to the movies on Tuesdays. Most cinemas have Cheap Tuesdays, and you can get your tickets at a heavily discounted price
10. Get the Entertainment Book. There are vouchers to purchase discounted tickets for Hoyts, Grand Cinemas, Ace Cinemas & Reading Cinemas. You can even purchase discounted e-tickets for some cinemas
11. Event Cinemas in Morley and Innaloo often run Weekend Family Flicks - tickets are just $6 each. Weekend Family are usually published at the beginning of the new school term.
12. For parents, catch a movie during the week and take the kids along to a Bubs Club or Bring Your Baby session. Tickets are often discounted. Bring Your Baby Sessions are at Event Cinemas, Bubs Club at Grand Cinemas and Ace Cinemas Bubs Club. Check your local cinema to find out what they offer.
13. Are you a Telstra customer? Well you can get movie tickets from $12.50 as well as vouchers for candy bar upgrades, with Telstra Thanks. You can use the Telstra 24/7 app to book and pay for your tickets, as well as get a e-ticket to your inbox to present at the box office.
14. Catch an outdoor movie! During the Spring & Summer there are lots of free and cheap outdoor movie screenings. You can also find vouchers in your Kidzabuzz Family Voucher Book, for family passes and discounted tickets for Community Cinemas. Also see our list of Outdoor Cinemas for movies showing near you this Spring/Summer season.