We all love a trip to the movies, but for many and outing to see a movie with the family can take a big chunk out of the family budget. So here are 15 ways to save money on your next trip to the cinema in Perth!
1. If you have a Kidzabuzz Family Voucher Book, there are vouchers to save you money on kids movie tickets, family passes and candy bar purchases. There are vouchers for Hoyts, Grand Cinemas, Cygnet Cinemas & Reading Cinemas.
2. Are you an Optus customer? Optus customers can get $10 movie vouchers for cinemas in their area with Optus Movie Rewards. You need to go online and purchase tickets to be posted to you, and you can also gift your tickets!
3. See a movie at the Galaxy Drive-Ins Kingsley. on the weekends they screen two movies, just one movie during the week. Adults enter for $10 and kids for $5 ($9 & $4 during the week). You can bring your own food and drink or get something from the reasonably priced candy bar. Also, Tuesday nights are only $20 per car!
4. Find out about memberships at your local cinema. Some offer discounted movies if you purchase a membership, or free movies after a certain number of paid movies. Hoyts Rewards is $10 for membership and you get a free movie voucher, discounts, points program and lots more.
5. Do you have health insurance with Bupa? You can save up to 25% on your purchase your tickets online at Event Cinemas & Hoyts Cinemas, with Bupa Member Discounts
6. Head to United Cinema Rockingham - all tickets are only $9 ($8 for seniors & upgrade to recliner cinema $15). They also have family passes available for $32!
7. RAC Members get discounted movie tickets at several cinemas around Perth, including Hoyts, Event & Movie Masters Cinemas. All can be posted, but a few allow purchase of an e-ticket for a few dollars more, so they can be used straight away.
8. Drop into you local newsagent and ask if they sell discounted movie tickets for your local cinema
9. Head to the movies on Tuesdays. Most cinemas have Cheap Tuesdays, and you can get your tickets at a heavily discounted price
10. Get the Entertainment Book. There are vouchers to purchase discounted tickets for Hoyts, Grand Cinemas, Ace Cinemas & Reading Cinemas. You can even purchase discounted e-tickets for some cinemas
11. Event Cinemas in Morley and Innaloo often run Weekend Family Flicks - tickets are just $6 each. Other movie promotions are also run with tickets varying from $7-$10 each. See the Event Cinemas Promotions
12. For parents, catch a movie during the week and take the kids along to a Bubs Club or Bring Your Baby session. Tickets are often discounted. Bring Your Baby Sessions are at Event Cinemas, Bubs Club at Grand Cinemas and Ace Cinemas Bubs Club. Check your local cinema to find out what they offer.
13. Are you a Telstra customer? Well you can get movie tickets for $10 as well as vouchers for candy bar upgrades, thanks to Telstra Loyalty Offers. Tickets and vouchers are purchased online and sent in the post.
14. Catch an outdoor movie! During the Spring & Summer there are lots of free and cheap outdoor movie screenings. You can also find vouchers in your Kidzabuzz Family Voucher Book, for family passes and discounted tickets for Community Cinemas. Also see our list of Outdoor Cinemas for movies showing near you this Spring/Summer season.
Hoyts Bean Bag Cinema Southlands (Willeton)
15. At the moment you can get a double bean bag on a Tuesdays for just $28 and they often screen family movies particularly in the school holidays. Find out more about the Beanbag Cinema at Hoyts Southland here.